Central District First Division
Sat 6 December 2014
Score: 3 - 0

Match Report

Carluke started this match well creating chances from the off, the 1st minute saw Daniel Kindlan link up with Gordon Murphy before setting Ryan Smillie free on the right and although his cross found Ian Watt the strikers effort went just wide of the target.

The opening goal however was not delayed too long as in the 4th min Watt won a loose ball before setting Murphy free and his cross was met by Smillie who drove a low finish in to the net from 16 yards for 1-0.

Vale had a break in 6 mins on the right but home keeper Jonny Grier brought off a great save to push the ball wide.

Carluke were breaking at every opportunity and almost doubled their lead in the 9th min when Watt and Daniel Kindlan linked up with Kindlan only being denied a goal by a great tackle from a Vale defender.

The home side did increase their lead in the 21st min when they won a free kick 25 yards out in the 21st min, this was taken by Watt with his shot being spilled by the visiting keeper but quickest to react was Rovers Dean Kindlan who prodded the ball home from close range for 2-0 to Carluke.

Rovers were dealt a blow in the 25th minute of the match when keeper Grier was injured as he came out to make a clearance and had to go off to be replaced by Stewart Thomson who would go on to play a big part in the days proceedings.

Vale had what was left of the first half creating a few half chances but taking none of them, and the home side took a 2-0 lead in to the break.

The second half saw Vale win a penalty in the 48th min when Wullie Souter was adjudged to have brought down their forward, for the second week in a row though Rovers saw a superb penalty save this time from Thomson low to his right to keep the score at 2-0 and ultimately change the match.

Rovers took heart from this and took the game to their visitors and almost increased their lead in the 60th min when a free kick from distance eluded everybody and just scraped the post as it went past.

The hosts then forced a couple of corners but despite good balls in there were no takers to force the ball home.

The final goal for Carluke came in the 70th min when Thomson found Watt on the right wing and another perfect cross from him found the feet of strike partner Smillie who again swept home a perfect finish for his second goal of the match and Rovers 3rd.

Rovers continued to make chances as the match drew to a close as Mark Weir had a chipped effort tipped over the bar and Mark Haddow saw his headed effort from the corner saved but the last chance was created again by Watt on the right as he cut the ball back to Murphy but his right foot shot was high and wide of the target.

Carluke Team. Grier, Napier, Souter, Gow, Haddow, Daniel Kindlan, Dean Kindlan, Murphy, Dickson, Watt, Smillie.
Subs. Thomson for Grier (45) Stewart for Dean Kindlan(65) Weir for Dickson(65)