Central District First Division
Sat 27 February 2016
Score: 2 - 3

Match Report

There was disappointment in the Rovers camp again on Saturday after this latest defeat to local rivals Wishaw FC.

Another game of two halves saw Rovers dominate the first half before failing to turn up for the second.

The first chance for the home side came in 16 mins when a low Jamie Dickson corner was met by Jonny Wilson with his strike ending at the feet of Stevie Murray who could not get a shot away but played the ball to Ryan Smillie but his two efforts on goal were blocked.

The home side were in control at this point with Dickson and Smillie again linking up but the final shot was blocked.

The deadlock was broken in the 22nd min when Mark Haddow was fouled in midfield before the ball was set toward Chick McCole who in turn released Smillie who raced in on goal before placing a perfect shot in the corner of the Wishaw net for 1-0.

This lead was almost doubled in the 25th min when a quick throw in found Ian Watt but his low shot was wide of goal.

The home side did double their lead in the 31st min though when a great interception from Haddow allowed him to set Watt free on the left and his excellent chipped finish left the Wishaw keeper stranded as it sailed over his head for 2-0.

The first half almost got the perfect finish for Rovers when Haddow played the ball wide to Dickson and his excellent ball to the back post was just missed by Wilson.

Half time Carluke Rovers 2 v 0 Wishaw FC

The second half saw all that is bad about Carlukes season again come to the fore but they still limited Wishaw to long range efforts until they grabbed a goal back in 57 mins when a break on the left ended with a drive across goal being deflected past Jonny Grier for 2-1.

Rovers heads were now down and a second Wishaw goal came in the 72nd min when a break on the rignht saw the ball played across goal and Scott Bellew was unfortunate to knock the ball past Grier for an own goal that made it 2-2.

The winning goal came in 80 min when Grier made his first save of the match from a low shot but the ball broke to Kevinbarry Grant who fired home for 3-2.

Carluke team
Grier, Bellew(Thomson), Murray, Burns, McDougall, McCole, Haddow, Wilson, Dickson(Ward), Smillie, Watt,

Match Report by Craig Martin