Sat 20 December 2014
Score: 3 - 3

Match Report

Rovers faced a good Colville Park side in this friendly on Saturday and had to come from behind three times to earn a creditable draw.

Carluke pressed the game early and forced a couple of corners one of which ended with Ian Watt having a low shot that was saved by the home keeper.

The same player then forced another corner when he had a shot saved and his flag kick found the head of Stevie Murray but his header was just over the bar.

The home side took the lead in the 20th min when Rovers gave away a needless corner and when it was played in it was headed towards goal and hit their centre forward before beating the Rovers keeper for 1-0.

Colville almost doubled their lead in the 26th min when a cross from the right was cleared by Rovers only to fall to a midfielder but his excellent shot brought out an even better save from Rovers keeper Stuart Thomson.

Rovers drew level in the 29th min with a great bit of football which carried the ball right through their midfield before Watt’s cross found Jonny Wilson but his shot was blocked in to the path of Mark Weir who stroked the ball home for 1-1.

Rovers were not level for long though as another needless corner brought another goal for the home side to make it 2-1 in 33 mins.
The game was levelled in the last minute of the half when Gary Gow won a good challenge with the ball breaking to Watt and his excellent touch in to the path of Greig Cavanagh set the big striker free on goal and he made no mistake to make the score 2-2 at half time.

The second half did not live up to the first but still produces goals the first of which saw a free kick on the right cause Rovers problems in the 58th min as when it was played in a simple header made it 3-2.

Again Rovers fought back from this and drew level in the 63rd min when Gordon Murphy chased down what looked to be a lost cause blocking the ball in to the path of Cavanagh who placed the ball home for his second and Rovers third of the match to make it 3-3.

Chances came and went for both sides before the end of the match but neither side took them and the match ended as an entertaining 3-3 draw.