Carluke Rovers FC v Dunipace FC

Central District First Division
Sat 11 May 2013
Score: 1 - 1

Match Report

Carluke played this final league match of the season on Saturday and the draw sees them finish in the top half of the table which would have been taken at the start of the season but could have been much better with a few more home wins. The home side started well and took the lead in the 5th min when a cross-cum shot from Mark Weir found the top corner of the net after looping over the keepers head. This effort was followed by a couple of good chances for Stevie Jackson and Dan Napier but neither was taken. The 18th min saw the first attack of note from Dunipace but Gavin McLachlan in the home goal was on hand to bring off a good save which resulted in a second effort on goal which he tipped over the bar, this was followed by another good stop in the 24th min when a Davy Gray clearance was picked up and fired goal wards. As the half wore on Weir continued to cause trouble with his excellent free kicks but first Gray then Napier saw efforts saved and wide of the post respectively. As is the norm Rovers were made to pay for these missed chances when they lost the ball in mid-field and a move down the right by Dunipace ended with a shot to the top left corner which McLachlan had no chance of stopping for a half time score of 1-1.

The second half was end to end stuff with Rovers creating chances early on for Jamie Dickson who was set up by Stuart Arnott then he set up Weir but both efforts were just off target. Chances were then spurned by Darren Hamilton when his shot was saved after a good break and the best move of the match when Gordon Murphy set Dickson free saw a good low left foot shot bring out an equally good save from the visiting keeper. As has been the case for most of the season McLachlan was on hand to stem any efforts from Dunipace as they broke whenever possible and this allowed Rovers to keep in the game and go in search of a winner. In the last 10 mins the home side made a host of chances when first Mark Haddow set up Stuart Hall for an effort that went wide of the post then Stephen Ferguson, Hamilton and Arnott all had chances in a scramble in front of the Dunipace goal but nothing could find its way in to the net, the final chance saw an Arnott effort blocked and cleared as the match drew to a close.