Euroscot Engineering League Cup Section
Sat 10 August 2013
Score: 2 - 2

Match Report

Carluke Rovers struggled at the start of this match making only one chance in the early stages when Scott Bellew set Gordon Murphy clear on the left but his good low cross found no takers. The slow start from Carluke was punished in the 10th min when Forth broke away from midfield and as the ball was worked to the right they found space and an excellent chip finish beat Craig Brown in the Rovers goal to put the home side 1-0 up.

The Rovers answered this goal in the best way when they quickly got on level terms when Mark Haddow set Bellew free on the right and despite his cross being slightly behind Dean Kindlan the striker turned well and finished high in to the net for 1-1.

A minute later Kindlan linked up with Stuart Arnott before Arnott saw an excellent curled shot come back off the bar before being cleared. Brown in the Rovers goal was called in to action in the 24th min when he saved well from a Forth free kick but most of what was left of the first half belonged to the visitors from Carluke.

The 27th min saw Forth reduced to ten men when their keeper was sent off for a last man challenge as he took Kindlan out as he was set free on goal by Arnott. Carluke kept the pressure on the home side and in 31 mins Murphy took a quick free kick to Scott McGeachie but his cut back across goal went out on the far side of the park.

As half time approached a penalty was awarded to Carluke when Arnott was brought down in the box and the striker took the resultant kick to give a half time score of Forth Wanderers 1 v 2 Carluke Rovers.

The second half saw Forth look as if they had an extra man instead of being a man short as they took the game to The Rovers and in 60 mins they brought another good save from Brown at the expense of a corner and as this was swung in looked net bound but Bellew cleared the ball off the line.

The scores were level in the 65th min when another corner was swung in and Haddow headed in to his own net for 2-2. The rest of the match was end to end but despite hard work from the Rovers they never really looked likely to score again and two valuable section points were lost by both clubs.