Central District First Division
Sat 12 April 2014
Score: 1 - 3

Match Report

Carluke travelled to Dunipace to play on a very bumpy pitch that did not suit passing football but came away with a superb result nonetheless.

Carluke took the game to their hosts and took the lead in the 10th min when they gained a corner after pressing the Dunipace goal. Mark Weir put in a perfect ball and Mark Haddow was on hand to head an excellent goal low in to the Dunipaace net for 1-0.

The game was bogged down in midfield for long spells in the first half but it was Dunipace who had the next chance on goal in the 27th min when a free kick from the right was knocked on but with the Carluke goal gaping the ball was somehow put wide of the post.

Good work from Dean Kindlan in the 30th min set Stuart Arnott free but the strikers low shot was saved by the legs of the Dunipace Keeper.

The only other chance of note in the half came in the 40th min when a throw in found Haddow but his snap shot went over the bar.

Half time Dunipace 0 v 1 Carluke Rovers.

The start of the second half saw the home side pin Rovers back early on but they weathered the storm and increased their lead in the 55th min a Weir free kick was floated in to the Dunipace penalty area and Stevie Murray got on the end of it with a great header which landed in the far corner of the net for 2-0 to Carluke.

Better was to come for the Rovers a couple of minutes later when Kindlan picked up the ball on the right and squared it to second half sub Stephen Ferguson who’s low finish found the net for 3-0 to the visiting Rovers.

Dunipace tried to put pressure on the Rovers after this and pulled a goal back in the 69th min after good work on the right ended with a cross to the back post which was headed home for 3-1.

The home side continued to press as they sought to get back in to the match and it took a great save from Gavin McLachlan in the Rovers goal after another back post header 84 mins to keep the visitors two goal lead intact.

The final action of the match came in the last minute when Weir saw a free lick slip just past the post.

This was another excellent away win for Carluke that see’s them continue to top the league table as the last few matches of the season come thick and fast.