Central District First Division
Sat 23 November 2013
Score: 6 - 0

Match Report

Carluke Rovers started this match well and took the lead early on when good work from Dean Kindlan put Ian Watt clear on the right and his perfect cross was met by an even better header from Mark Haddow to put the home side 1-0 up.

The Rovers continued with this pressure and set up chances for Gordon Murphy on a couple of occasions but both were met by good saves from the Perthshire keeper.

In the 21st min Kindlan set Watt free on the right again but his effort hit the side net as the elusive second goal would not come for Carluke.

The home side continued their dominance for the rest of the half but they could not increase their lead and went in at half time 1-0 in front.

The second half saw Rovers step up the pace and again they got a goal quickly after the start when a great ball from Watt set Mark Weir free on the left and his left foot cross saw Kindlan put in another excellent header for 2-0.

This goal saw Carluke rise in confidence and they took the match to Perthshire and increased their lead further in the 54th min when Kindlan won a corner for the home side and another great delivery this time from Murphy saw another excellent header from Haddow for his second and Rovers third goal of the match.

The match was put beyond doubt in the 58th min when a free kick in to the Perthshire box found comeback man Stevie Murray who coolly controlled the ball before drilling a low shot wide of the keeper for 4-0, this was quickly followed by another move involving Kindlan and Watt with the latter providing a low cross for Greg Cavanagh to turn and shoot in to the net for 5-0 to the rampant Rovers.

Cavanagh and Kindlan had more chances to double their personal tallies and increase the home sides lead but good work from the visiting keeper kept them at bay before Murphy rounded off the scoring when debut man Kyle Gillespie set him free on the left and his great left foot shot gave the Perthshire keeper no chance of keeping it out to round the scoring off at 6-0 to the home side.