Central District First Division
Sat 8 November 2014
Score: 3 - 3

Match Report

Another home shocker for the Rovers saw them drop another two vital points as they collapsed in the last few minutes of the match against Wishaw.

Wishaw had obviously done their homework on Carluke danger man Ian Watt as he was upended by a crude tackle early on but he dusted himself down and saw his effort tipped over the Wishaw bar.

Mark Weir linked up with Ryan Smillie to create Rovers next chance but Smillies effort was saved by the visiting keeper at the expense of a corner, the kick was played to the back post for Dean Kindlan to put the ball in to the danger area where Stevie Murray headed it across goal and Jonny Wilson was first to react to head home the opener for Carluke for 1-0.

The visitors were gifted a golden chance on 22 mins when a slack pass allowed them through on goal but a great save by Jonny Grier kept the home lead intact, although this reprieve was short lived as Carluke were caught napping on the right side and Wishaw scored a levelling goal after 25 mins for 1-1.

As the half wore on Rovers continued to be careless and only another great save from Grier kept the scores level as they again lost possession cheaply.

On the run up to half time Carluke were awarded a free kick on the edge of their penalty area and Dan Napier quickly played the ball wide to Wilson on the right and his superb ball in to Watt saw the wee striker calmly shoot home from 25 yards out for 2-1 to Carluke a score they held until half time.

The second half saw Wishaw start off well as the searched for an equalising goal and it took a great block from Mark Haddow and a saving tackle from Weir to cut out their threat on the Rovers goal.

The 56th min saw Wishaw win a free kick on the edge of the Rovers box but another good save from Grier saw the danger averted.

Rovers looked to have killed the game off in the 75th min when against the run of play they broke down the right with sub Jamie Dickson setting Watt free and his cut back was driven home by Smillie for 3-1.

The home side had another chance a minute later when Weir set Dickson up on the right but his shot was well saved.

Rovers shot themselves in the foot in the last few minutes when firstly Napier lost possession on the by line and a cut back was swept home for 3-2 and in the first minute of stoppage time they lost an equalising goal for 3-3.

For the second week in a row Rovers looked to steal the match late on when Weir played Watt in deep in to stoppage time but the strikers effort was blocked and another two points were thrown away as the final whistle sounded.

Carluke Rovers FCTeam LineupsTeams - Wishaw 100

1. Grier
2. Stewart  
3. Gow  
4. Napier 
5. Murray
6. Kindlan 
7. Wilson  
8. Haddow  
9. Watt  
10. Smillie  
11. Weir
12. Cavanagh  
14. Dickson  
15. Lithgow
16. Kindlan
21. Thompson 
1. Thomson
2. Eley
3. Boal
4. Daly
5. Newman
6. McGowan
7. Grant
8. McGeoch
9. Collinder
10. Crawford
11. Woodlock
12. Watt
14. Hamill
15. Faulds
16. Rafferty
19. Lawrie